Welcome to the first day of 2008 and the beginning of your Year of Reading Dangerously! Heather and I are thrilled that so many people have signed up already, and we're looking forward to the discussion to come.
First, a few reminders and clarifications:
1. You can read any 12 "Dangerous" books, the 12 we've chosen, or a mixture of the two to complete the 2008 Year of Reading Dangerously Challenge.
2. We will set up space for you to report in with your links to reviews and thoughts on the books you read by month (look for the January post to appear soon).
3. If you discuss the official book of the month with us, you're automatically entered into a drawing for the month's prizes.
4. We will set up posts with varying discussion questions throughout the month. Feel free to discuss at your own pace in the comments sections.
5. You may read ahead for months to come or read a chosen books only within the month it's chosen for. It's up to you.
6. Latecomers may join at any time! Just go below to add your name/link to Mr. Linky.
I've been steadily visiting everyone's blog that's joined the challenge, and I've enjoyed meeting everyone. In the spirit of community, consider posting an introduction in the comments section of this post, so we can all get to know each other a little better!
Be sure to check back here often for prize, question, and other updates!
Happy 2008 everyone, and good luck!